Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Merry Christmas to Me

I know, I know, it's not even Halloween yet, but Rob just got me my Christmas gift and I get to use it :) I am so excited. You see, I have been having trouble with shooting good photos of Gracie since she moves so quickly. Our photo sessions often end with me being frustrated that all that time and energy was wasted since none of the photos turned out well. She always smiles after I've taken an awful photo and the camera is recording the useless image so I can't take another. So I snap one as soon as I possibly can, but by then she's trying to eat her fist and the moment is gone. It's a vicious cycle. I've also been reading up on photography to try to get some better photos and be more creative in my approach to photography. So, Rob got me this beautiful, new Canon SLR camera!

So, welcome to our little family, Canon Rebel! Don't expect brilliant pictures super soon, but just know that I'm honing my skills. And please, Say Cheese!

6 comments:

trine k said...

ooo, I'm totally jealous! We have had SOOO many would-be cute pictures if only our camera had been working properly or been faster, etc etc, so I totally relate to your frustrations- Have fun with your new camera!!!

Andrea Tao said...

I am so jealous. I have been wanting this Canon or the Nikon D60 forever! I am always eyeballing them at Costco. I can't wait to see your photographing skills.

Annie said...

Didn't we just talk about this? Congratulations...you will love it. SLR is seriously the only way to go.

lis bunker said...

Wow! Congratulations on your new tool. Can't wait to see even better pics of our precious Gracie. Does the gift come with a photograhy class, too?!

Tricia and Jon said...

You'll love it! Jon is totally obsessed with our SLR. He has even taken a photograhpy class at the U - so he thinks he's a pro :)

The Popes said...

We love our SLR. The Rebel is one of the best! Good choice!