Friday, October 10, 2008

I HEART Coupons and Sales

So recently one of my new hobbies has been saving money. Good hobby, right? So thanks to the examples of Taralee and Erin, we ordered a weekend paper and I've been clipping coupons and searching out sales. It is so rewarding to save tons of money! It actually helps me to plan meals I look through the ads and my coupons and make meals from the ingredients that I can get for cheap. It's not too hard, and makes me feel like I'm doing something to help out with the family budget.My greatest find to date was on Friday. I got all this stuff for $1.66! It was awesome! Without my coupons and rebates, it would have cost $33.53. Isn't that amazing?

7 comments:

Melanie said...

That IS amazing! Good job. Saving money is always a great feeling.

I love the new haircut and of course we can't get enough of the Gracie pictures. She is so cute!

Tricia and Jon said...

That is incredible! I am starting to get the weekend paper this week to start couponing. Do you have any tips?

Cute hair by the way!

Natasha said...

Okay...we need to talk. You need to teach me your thrifty ways!

Andrea Tao said...

I love doing stuff like that! It's so fun hu! I discovered this hobby recently as well. Albertsons surprisingly has really good sales. I don't really like shopping there normally cuz they are so pricey, but when they put out their sales you can get so much great stuff for dirt cheap.

Cristin said...

Wow, Amanda! Very impressive. I need to get better about this.

Amanda said...

Here's a link to a blog that I like. It's where I found this deal, if you're interested: http://www.moneysavingmom.com/money_saving_mom/2008/10/walgreens-fre-2.html.

Erin Winters said...

Cha-Ching! I think you can teach me a thing or two!