Friday, October 3, 2008

Fight Breast Cancer - Join the Army

I would like to invite all of you women to join with me in the Army of Women. It is a group dedicated to finding a cure for breast cancer. As you may know, my mom is a breast cancer survivor. She has been in remission for over 10 years now. So this is near and dear to my heart. It is really easy to join, just go to www.armyofwomen.org. As I understand it, you will be entered into a database that is accessible to researchers who are working on finding a cure for breast cancer. When research is being done in the area that you live, you will get an email notifying you of the opportunity to help out. This might include donating blood or finger nail clippings or filling out a questionnaire, really anything. You will have the opportunity to help that researcher or not, whatever works for you. So many women are affected by this disease every day. Join with me in helping to find a cure!

1 comment:

Annie said...

I joined! I also have a family history of breast cancer, and I also feel a great need to find a cure!