Saturday, April 5, 2014

March Miscellany

 Some random bits and bobs from March

At church one Sunday Grace came up to me so excited to tell me that Tuesday was Pancake Day! Thinking she might have mis-heard something I told her that sure, we could have pancakes on Tuesday and it would be fun. Well, turns out that they do celebrate Pancake Day here, which is also known as the first of Lent :) We had a delightful pancake breakfast and enjoyed ourselves a very nice Pancake Day, even if they were the wrong kind of pancakes and we don't actually celebrate Lent!

 Grace and Rue got a little crafting out of their systems when I bought them a little sewing kit. Here they are with their complete works. They did them almost entirely by themselves!

 Every time we see a swan (which is almost every day, floating in the Thames by our house) Grace makes me take a picture. Here is the token swan photo. I won't bore you with the other half a thousand I have ;)

 At the park by our house they have this spinning pole. One day Grace and Ben both got on and spun their little hearts out together. It was really cute.

 Kids "helping" me while I work on the computer. Bet you can't guess how productive I was!

My laundry chair. It's almost always like this, unless I know someone is coming over. For memory's sake. #homemakingfail

 Grace made an awesome playdough flower

 Ben loves climbing in the buggy. I think he thinks that if he sits there, we'll go out on an adventure!

A foggy day in London town... Rob took these on his way to work one morning.



My sweet Grace got everyone breakfast one morning all by herself, and happily, there was not a huge mess! She's a fantastic helper!

 Last Sunday, it was Mothering Day here in the UK. Rob and the kids made me breakfast in bed which was thoroughly enjoyable until my glass of smoothie got spilled all over the culprit and the floor and Ben slathered the bedding with baby lotion that got left out all in the hour before leaving for church. Thanks kids, for reminding me that I'm a mother and despite instances like these, it's the best job in the whole wide world!

We like to take walks in the mornings, I love this little alley by St. Stephen's Church by our house.

Grace gave her first Family Home Evening lesson to us. She prepared it all, even the visual aids without any help. It was about loving our family. I can't believe she's so grown up! The best part was when she was talking about making a choice to not be "cheeky" - I can't remember exactly, but I love when she pulls out British phrases!

She loves to spell with these letter blocks. She's really good!

Just chillin with sisters' leftover cereal

He's getting so big too! I can't believe he takes up almost the whole cot when he's stretched out!

 Ben stayed in Nursery the whole time (with Rob in the room), which is a huge leap from the past few weeks. He's not actually 18 months yet, but Rob and I teach the 3rd hour and as you can see, it's not a large class :)

A self-portrait of Ruby. I love it!

*The other night I was sitting in the dining room listening to my two sweet girls chatting it up despite it being bedtime. Grace just asked Ruby if she knew what "chatting" was and proceeded to explain it to her. Now they're talking like big girls all about their favorite foods and what they like to do, etc. I love that the girls are best friends!

No comments: