Sunday, April 6, 2014

Kew Gardens and Palace

 After a week and a half of no naps and lots of exploring, we were pretty out of it, and still tired by the time Saturday rolled around. Not wanting to miss out on an adventure day though, we stayed close to home to enjoy Kew Gardens and the recently re-opened Kew Palace. It was a gorgeous day and it was so lovely to wander the beautiful gardens and enjoy the sunshine. Kew Palace was pretty unremarkable, except for the most amazing wax sculpture I have ever seen (below). It was done my Madame Tussad herself of King George I and it was so incredibly life like - I feel like I have met him!

The Palace garden was lovely of course.




 It was Mother's Day weekend, so there was a tribute to the mums.

Remember those pictures of Ruby throwing fits on our trip? This trip was no different, so Rob put her up on his shoulders so she couldn't touch anyone or stop to roll around on the ground. But, she was being her little tired, truculent self and fighting Rob to not hold her legs whilst she rode on his shoulders. Bet you can see where this is going.... She slipped his grasp and fell backwards onto the concrete on her head. Poor girl. Miraculously there was only a scrape on her head that didn't even bleed - I think this girl has an angel for a helmet :) We had nothing cold to put on it, so I bought a cold can of Fanta which she held on her head for the bus ride home, where she was upgraded to a bag of peas. She laid on the couch the rest of the afternoon enjoying the power of making everyone be quiet and getting to watch whatever she wanted. :)


1 comment:

Erin said...

That's so scary!! That Ruby! I actually love all the pictures you put on your blog of her throwing fits. Someday they will be precious and memorable, though I know (I KNOW) at the moment they're so frustrating. Which makes me think maybe we should wait until Thane and Ruby are a little older before we're neighbors...