Tuesday, November 9, 2010

When Rob's away, the girls will....be lazy!

First off, I'm giving y'all lots of posts now because I can't promise anything after the baby comes, but I'll try really hard.

Rob left Sunday night for New York state to interview with GE. This is only the second time in our whole marriage that we've been apart (the other being when he drove to TN for this move), and great timing the week the baby's due, right? He'll be back late this evening and I'm happy to report that baby and I are staying put until at least then. It's funny how in the last couple weeks of pregnancy the baby turns into all poky parts...elbows, knees, feet, hands, limbs...what happened to all that fat she's gaining? I could use a little padding here! As much as I'm ready to get all these limbs out of my ribs and bladder and everywhere else, we're staying put at least until Friday (right, baby?).

Grace is recently obsessed with wearing her jammies all the time. We finally got her some long pants/sleeved ones since it has finally started to be cold at night. Here is a photo from yesterday. I thought I took more, but apparently not. Gotta love the princess skirt with the princess jammies, while (of course) we were watching a princess movie (Enchanted). Yesterday, we didn't get real clothes on until 5:30 so we could go to Costco for some gourmet hot dogs that Mommy didn't have to cook or clean up after :) haha. Gotta love the last bit of pregnancy! Today I got her into play clothes for a bit, but at nap time the jammies went back on. Oh well. We're not doing much these days and really, I could care less :)

Also, some good news (probably to no one but myself) - after a 2 week napping hiatus, the naps have returned. HALLELUJAH!!! Let me tell you, those were two really, really hard weeks. I'm so grateful that she's napping again. Let's hope this keeps up after baby comes too!

2 comments:

Taralee said...

an interview with GE? tell me more!

as for the nap hiatus, I hear you! Lincoln pretty much is a non-napper now, unless i happen to be out driving in the middle of the afternoon in which he usually falls asleep during errands and even that's pretty infrequent.

good luck with all the baby stuff! Last month jamie flew out to canada for a job interview and even though he was gone for only 2 days i was amazed how fast i got lonely and don't like going to bed at night without a husband.

Erin said...

Hurray for naps coming back!! I'm also curious about the interview with GE...more info please!