Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Baby Ruby

We've decided on a name: Ruby Elissa Carter

We had a special experience that helped us decide on the name Ruby and Elissa is Amanda's mom's name.

Mom and baby are both doing great. Ruby nursed for an hour right after she was born while they worked on Amanda, and has slept soundly ever since.

Here are some more pics. Amanda will post more details about the whole story soon for those that are interested.


Grace and Ruby

Grandma Elissa with Ruby


Happy Mommy


Grace had her baby to hold too

This is our AMAZING friend, Rebekah Porter, who also volunteered to be Amanda's doula. She helped a lot! Thank you Rebekah.

This is Miss Linda, our midwife, who also did a fabulous job.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Beautiful baby and beautiful name! Aubree will be very excited. She has a short list of favorite names and Ruby is in the top three. Can't wait to tell her in the morning. Congrats again!

Melanie said...

I love the name! Ruby is beautiful and I can't wait to hold her! Gracie looks really cute in these pictures too. Keep the pictures coming! I love it!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations, she is beautiful! And way to go Amanda - you are amazing!

Natasha said...

Cute, cute little girls! I love Grace's hair. It's getting so long. She's such a cutie and looks like a great big sister already. Congrats, again!

Cristin said...

I have a weird question - what are you wearing? When I did my water birth with Charlie, I wore a tank top but it wasn't good for nursing and I got cold really fast when I got out of the water. Anyway, I know you have tons more going on, so whenever you have time to answer is fine. I'm just trying to figure out what to wear this time. I know, it's a weird question. :)

Junetta said...

Ruby is sweet! Amanda, you look great! Gracie will have fun being a "big sister". Rob, you will have lots of fun with all the girls in your home. Can't wait to see you guys again!

Andrea Tao said...

Oh my gosh Amanda congrats! I LOVE that name Ruby, that is actually the name I have picked out for my next girl!:) You are amazing!