Friday, November 5, 2010

Back to Square One for a Name...Hooray!

So, maybe name calling worked this time? Baby Stinker is now head down! Hooray! Looks like we'll have to come up with a new name. :) Last night before bed, Rob gave me a blessing that everything would work out and what do you know? God answers prayers. I love being reminded of that. We also tried some other techniques such as: massaging my belly to turn her (and she actually turned a lot while I was doing it), doing some down dogs, visualizing her turning her head down, and we even tried the flashlight on the belly (some say that moving a flashlight down your belly can make the baby follow the light to turn down). Anyway, we tried it all and by this afternoon's ultrasound she was in the proper head down position. I almost cried right there on the table I was so happy!

As a bonus, we got a couple of 3D ultrasound photos of our sweet little girl. The 3D pictures were taken at the end of the session after a lot of poking and prodding and apparently she wasn't too happy with us. She was also moving around a lot, so the pictures are kind of blurry.
Funny little angry eyes pout.

In this next one she's saying "seriously guys, I did what you wanted and turned around, now enough with the poking already" with her little hand over her face.
Thank you so much for all of the prayers that y'all (working on my Southern) sent up for us. I have no doubt that they helped us out too! I'm so grateful for Heavenly Father's great blessings that he gives to us!

5 comments:

Junetta said...

Thanks for letting us know! I have been thinking about you all day. Prayers are answered! She looks so sweet in the pictures. Have you made any decision on a name yet!

Fab Five said...

That's great news! Maybe you'll keep her now... right? :)

Charisse Baldwin said...

Congratulations! That is great news. Good luck on the name, that was definitely the hardest part for us.

Anonymous said...

Mary Jean 'MJ' Elissa Carter

That's my vote. But happy that she turned and headed the right way.

Tyler and Sara said...

Hello from far away. It has been forever since I checked your blog. Wow baby number 2 on the way. Congrats and best of luck. Looks like you guys are living it up. Grace is so big.