Friday, November 26, 2010

My Cup Runneth Over - Happy Thanksgiving

I keep thinking about the Dr. Seuss book, The Grinch, where at the end "the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day." I feel like on Tuesday my heart grew at least three sizes with the incredible experience of welcoming baby Ruby into the world and our family. Before Ruby was born, I had a wonderful husband and little girl that I loved more than I ever thought I could love and now my heart seems to have grown to enormous proportion in adding sweet baby Ruby. My love for all three has multiplied more than my little heart thought possible. I feel so blessed and my cup truly doth runneth over. Bringing Ruby home from the hospital made for the happiest of Thanksgiving Days. We have so much to be grateful for always, but this year, we have a very special reason to be grateful.

Despite all of my worries about timing and when Ruby would come, everything worked out great. While we packed up and left the hospital for home, my parents made a delicious Thanksgiving feast. The house smelled amazing when we walked in the door. We had a delicious dinner and then my parents left to go home to California that afternoon. It was sad to say goodbye, but we were all so happy Ruby came before they left and we could all enjoy Thanksgiving together at home.

Grace loves to hold "baby sister" and asks to do it all the time.

Grandma Lis got some good snuggling in too.

My Dad, the Master Thanksgiving Chef.

The spread. Grace was eating mashed potatoes directly out of the serving bowl...what's a girl to do when she's strapped in with all that delicious food in front of her and no one at the table to help her?

More snuggling. We've done an awful lot of this...what a wonderful life!

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Baby Ruby is such a little cutie. I'm glad y'all had a happy Thanksgiving this year! I'm sure coming home to the delicious smells of Thanksgiving was rather welcoming. Good timing Ruby! See...she knew what she was doing all along.

Russ and Ashley said...

I'm glad the timing and everything worked out with Baby Ruby. I hope you are recovering well. I can't wait to hear your labor story and how you made it natural!