Saturday, March 21, 2009

Henry's Blessing and Katie's Birthday

We had a really fun day on Saturday. It all started with baby Henry's blessing. Henry looked adorable and was really good throughout the whole thing. Sorry, no pictures of him - there were lots of people enjoying being with him so we had to wait.

How cute are these munchkins? Grace and her cousin Will chillin on the table. It was both of their nap times so if they look a little spacey, we'll blame it on that.

Gracie and her Uncle Tommy. Somehow by the end of the luncheon, Grace had collected all the cell phones she could see and was having trouble deciding on which to suck on first. Oh the decisions facing little babies these days!

Rob and his mama, Annette

Then we went to the park to celebrate the sun being out and the coming of Spring. Oh, and it was also Katie's birthday :)


Birthday Girl! Looking oh so fine in her new jacket.

Water bottles apparently are really fun chew toys

Katie is turning "almost 20" but if you look closely at the candles, she's rounding up a bit

Hey, it's my blog, so I can gratuitously put many, many cute pictures of my baby on it if I want! :)

Attack of the killer Grace-facer!

The whole Carter kids clan. Aren't we good looking?

There's Henry. Could he get any cuter?!? I think not.

Apparently Grace and Tom are pretty photogenic since here's another one of them. Grace loves her Uncle Tommy and had to sport her true blue because Tom is decked out in the color of You-Know-What (The School That Must Not Be Named).

You can't see very well, but the first (and hopefully worst) sunburn of the season is developing on my arm right there. Oops, sunscreen what? At least I'm a careful mom and lathered my baby up even if I don't pay as much attention to myself.

We had such a fun day spending time with family and we are so glad that Mel and Jeff and Henry got to come visit and that it's almost Spring. Hooray for fun things!

3 comments:

Andrea Tao said...

Looks like fun! I love the warm weather! Us californians can't handle the cold for so long! You have always sunburned so easily! Don't you learn! Can't wait to see you on Tuesaday!

Nikki said...

Hooray for spring! You should put pictures of Gracie ALL over your blog, that is what us moms do! Plus, she is such a doll!

Chadlee said...

Little Katie is 19 now, wow. I remember when she was born. I'm glad I can get cousin news and pics through your blog!