Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Morning and a Warning

While I know I have lots to do, what I have I done this morning? I'm sort of ashamed to say, but let me share a brief timeline:
6:30 Fed Grace
7:30 Went back to bed for what I was expecting to be a short time before Grace woke up
10:45 Woke up freaked out that Grace must not be breathing and that's why she slept so long (usually after a full night's sleep she will only sleep maybe 2 hours)
10:50 Grace and I checked our email. As we were doing so, we remembered that we were reading a really funny blog written by a family friend last night that was still up, so I started to read it again. In the meantime, Grace got hungry and started to whimper for brunch, but I read 3 more postings before it turned into a full blown squawk.
11:15 Fed, changed and dressed Grace for the day
11:45 Put Grace in the bouncer and bounced her with my foot so I could read more postings on the blog.
12:15 Grace had had enough of entertaining herself with her bouncer. I read 2 more postings before picking her up and putting her down for her nap.
12:30 Grace is asleep so I put her in the swing and hop in the shower. Knowing that I should be working on Rob's anniversary gift that I need to complete before Friday night or writing my talk that I have to give on Sunday (on the Law of the Harvest....what?) I plopped myself down in front of the computer in the guise of checking my email (I don't get that many, so I don't know why I feel the need to check it numerous times a day). I was sucked again to the Tales of an Ordinary Housewife blog where I read a few (or maybe a little more than that) more postings.

It is now 2:30 and I have worked a little on Rob's gift, not at all on the talk and am in early July of the Tales blog (I'm reading from latest post to oldest). I just hope that there aren't years of postings because my poor child may need a therapist when she's older for all of the time she's been spending in the bouncer and swing because I can't be pulled away from the computer. So, a warning to all you out there: Beware the blog is incredibly entertaining and funny but know that once you pop the fun won't stop (or is it can't stop? Not sure).

A note to those of you who are wondering what Grace is doing now? She's still sleeping, so thankfully I can keep on reading! :)

6 comments:

amber {and co.} said...

its true, blog reading gets addicting! for example, i am reading your blog when I should be making dinner :)

amber {and co.} said...

p.s... yes you have to do the 6 quirks... and I know you well enough to know that you have them! :)

tara said...

I can't believe you're a mom. She is so beautiful and I haven't even seen her. It sort of weirds me out.

Tricia and Jon said...

Amanda you are too funny! I'm glad that you like the post that I made of our pirtate cruise in Cozumel, I did my best to try and relay how BAD it really was without being to graphic :)

I agree, we need to do a picture swap! Wayne is out of town this weekend, but I know he was going to coordinate and try and get a CD done. I'll ask him when he gets back.

Jon and I would love to get toghether anytime! I totally miss you guys after being with you for 8 days. You name the date and we'll be there!

The Popes said...

I do the same thing. It is amazing how addictive the computer is. Kylee might need to attend therapy with Grace!

PS: it is almost 2pm and Kylee is the only one dressed and showered.

Cristin said...

My blog causes me to waste a lot of time too. :) Thanks for the nice compliment! I can't believe you read so much.