Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Avenues Street Fair




Today we went to the Avenues Street Fair. As we were walking around, we were trying to come up with good names for this posting and I think this adventure will best be summarized by the potential titles for the posting.

  • San Francisco, Utah?
  • Time warp to 1967
  • The Avenues make you want to wear wool and Tevas and grow a beard (this could apply to the men or the women)
  • Au naturale
  • National Democratic Hippie Convention (we couldn't find any memorabilia for a Republican candidate on any level of government)
  • Everywhere else in Utah we fit in...here we stick out
  • Oh my tye dye!
  • Dog to person ratio 1:1

On another (scary :) ) note, I'm becoming my mother. Every dog I saw I named the breed of and/or had the urge to go talk to the owner about the breed. We did see a couple of Viszlas, exciting stuff!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Ha ha! We feel those same things a lot here, particularly at the farmer's market. We stick out, lots of dogs, beards and tevas, democrats up the wazoo. That's funny that you experience the same thing in Salt Lake! Grace is getting big!

amber {and co.} said...

Yay, I'm so glad you guys have a blog! It really was so good to see you the other night, definitely let me know if you're ever down this way so we can play (I'm not in SLC very often these days but I'll for sure let ya know if I make it down :) You and Grace both look so great, love you both! :)

Ivan said...

I'm a bit surprised that there wasn't at least some Republican stuff. I Guess the Avenues are immersed in their own importance.

lis bunker said...

Ha Ha! I loved the "srary' BIT - ABOUT BECOMING YOUR MOM. Oops I hit the caps lock & I'm not going to retype it. So the Avenues in conservative Salt Lake is really hippie enclave? Your pics were cute and interesting but failed to show any of the canine attendees. You know me, always interested in the animals - dogs and pigs and all. Next time.... Hugs and kisses to Gracie. Love Ya, Mom

Candace said...

Hey Amanda, I am so happy that you started a blog. You little girl is so cute. I hear little things about you and your family from Doris. I am glad that I am finally able to see pics of your little angel.

Amy said...

Hi Rob and Amanda! I stumbled across your blog! I'm glad too, because then Dustin and I can keep up to date with your lives! We didn't know you had a little girl!! Congratulations!!

I will add your blog address to our blog, so we will remember to check it!

You can check out our blog at dustinandamyormond.blogspot.com