Thursday, March 17, 2011

St Patty's Day

Tonight for a festive Irish dinner, we had green breakfast for dinner. Since I know you all (maybe not, but at least my mom) wanted to see our festive green fun here are the pictures. I wish I could take amazing food pictures, oh well.

Green crepes with mom's special crepe sauce (made green), strawberries, bananas, powdered sugar and green whipped cream.

With green eggs and orange cheese (who knew that normal colored eggs hid the orange cheese so well?).
There you go. Since I'm sure you all were wondering what the Carters ate for dinner tonight :)

And a special shout out to my little St Patty's Day baby brother, O'Brian!

3 comments:

Erin said...

mmmmmmm....crepes! Even green they look so yummy!

Heather Dayton said...

Looks delicious. What's this special crepe sauce??? It's not a secret recipe is it?

Amanda said...

No, it's not a secret. It's actually the filling for my grandma's strawberry pie (sans strawberries) that my mom always puts in crepes. I like it because it gives a little lemony kick to an otherwise super sweet dish. I can send you the recipe if you want.