Friday, October 29, 2010

Countdown!

We're 2 weeks away from baby girl's due date! Whoo hoo! This might have been the longest 9 months of my life (well, in actuality, with a miscarriage right before this pregnancy, I've been pregnant since last December with only about a week's break! No wonder it's felt really, really long - I've been pregnant for almost a whole year!) Back to the point, we're in the home stretch and since I could use some entertainment that doesn't require me to move from the couch, it's time to submit your guesses on the stats for baby.

Some info to help you guess her birthday, birth time, weight and length:
  • She's officially "due" November 14th
  • Because of some insurance issues, we're hoping she won't come until after the 12th (not that that matters really to her)
  • Grace was induced at 10 days overdue (this time no inducement!)
  • Grace was 8 lbs 5 oz and 21 inches long
  • Grace was born around 7 am the morning after I was induced
  • I have not been (nor will be) "checked" so I have no idea if I'm "progressing"
I think that's all the useful info I have for you. Leave a comment with your guess of her birthday and time, weight and length and if you win you can have a big pat on the back or maybe something really special if you come to Nashville to visit us!

Thanks for playing! :)

p.s. In case you're wondering, we still don't have a name for sure, so if you have any suggestions, feel free to leave it along with your guess!

12 comments:

Taralee said...

wow!! I can't believe you're having your baby so soon!
I hear you on the no inducement! I have to believe that it so so much worse than going naturally. Blech.

anyways...i really have no guesses as far as stats. Sorry.

Good luck with everything! I can't wait to see cute baby pictures!

Erin Winters said...

Nov. 15 - since that's just the best birthday ever.
8 lbs. 13 oz.
20 1/2 inches.
8:13 pm
And for names...
Autumn?
Amelia?
Hazel?
Ruby?
Rosemary?
Maggie?
Hallie?

Russ and Ashley said...

Man long pregnancy!!!
Birthday Nov 18th. 8 lbs 2 oz. 20 inches.
names: Ivory, Ava, Mia.
Good luck! I really hope she doesn't come before Nov 12! Just lounge around and take it easy!. Can't wait to see her!!

Natasha said...

Two weeks! Wow! I'm going to suggest stats that mirror what happened my second time around:

Birthday: November 21 (James was 4 days over and Kate came on her due date, so I'll take four days from Gracce's 10 days over); however, I am kind of leaning toward November 14...after all, you've been pregnant long enough. :)

Birth time: 10:50 p.m. (That's when Kate arrived; you didn't supply Grace's arrival time, so this may not be accurate :) ).

Weight: 8 lbs. 1 oz. (If she comes four days earlier I'll take away 4 oz. since I think they gain like an ounce a day at that point).

Length: 20.5 in.

Cristin said...

November 16th, 2:30 am
8 lbs 10 oz, 20" long

Melanie said...

Wow! It is coming up fast. We are getting so excited! I hope you are hanging in there... The end is really uncomfortable, isn't it? :) My guesses are:

November 15th, 7:30 a.m.
9 lbs even, 21 inches
I think Ava or Ellie would be cute!

Mellie said...

Wow, I didn't know that Grace came ten days after your due date! Dean was born at exactly 42 weeks, the day he was scheduled to be induced. (My Dr. wouldn't let me go any longer than that, but I was holding out because I did NOT want to be induced!)I'm definitely no good at predicting when a baby will come. I hope everything goes smoothly though!

Russ and Ashley said...

Nov 18th. 10 pm. 20in 8lbs 6 oz.
names Ivory, Ava, Elle.
Hold in there!

Amanda said...

Thanks for all your guesses and name suggestions. I love them all (well not the 2:30 am one...Cristin....). Y'all have given us some good names to think about! I can't wait to see her and get her named! :)

Keep up with the guesses!

Natasha said...

How silly of me to have forgotten to suggest names...
How about Roberta or Maude? Or maybe Claire, Hannah, Leah, Haylee, Anna, or Kylie? Good luck!

Annette said...

Here are our guesses:

Dave - Nov.13 7:22am
8 lbs 7 oz 19 1/2 in

Annette -Nov.15 4:21pm
8 lbs 9 oz 21 in

Mike -Nov.15 4:20pm
7 lbs 15 oz 20 inches

We didn't show each other our guesses -pretty funny huh? As for the name. I think Robanda or Amabert.:) Love you guys!

Junetta said...

Sorry it has taken so long to send our guesses.

Grandpa - Nov. 16th, 12 AM, 6 lbs 8 oz, 19 1/2 inches

Grandma - Nov. 13th, 3:37 PM, 8 lbs 2 oz, 20 inches

We will love your choice of a name!