Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Snowbird Getaway

I have such an amazingly sweet and thoughtful husband. Before the craziness of the past few weeks started, Rob planned a surprise overnight trip for just the two of us to get away for a night to enjoy each others company (and let's be honest...once we move and have two kids we may never have time alone again!) :) He must have been inspired, because I don't know if I would have made it through the past few weeks without that relaxing little breather from "real life." On Thursday morning I got a knock at the door and found Rob's sister, Katie, at the door with a note saying that she was taking Grace and a bag was all packed and ready for Grace hiding in the closet so all she needed was the car seat. When we got Grace all loaded to go with Katie, she handed me another note that said that I had a lunch appointment with my sweetie at the Garden Restaurant at the top of the JSMB at 1 pm, then I had free time until 3 pm when we were going to head up the canyon.

We had a wonderful lunch - don't I look happy? Rob said he knew that in order for me to have the best day possible, he knew he needed to be sure I was well fed to start the day off right. What a wise man he is!

Then we headed up to Snowbird and hung out, talked about moving to Nashville, ate tasty food and relaxed and tried not to think about everything that needed to be done. We had a beautiful view out our sliding windows on the top floor.Thank you, Rob! I love you so much!

4 comments:

Taralee said...

WOW! Kudos Rob, how sweet. I am very jealous.

Annette said...

What a sweet guy. You guys look so cute!

Shelley said...

Now THAT's a overnight getaway! ;-)

Natasha said...

You two are adorable! Way to go Rob!!