Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Trust the Gut

From the beginning of this pregnancy I've felt quite sure that this baby is a little girl. Even in the face of all of those who were equally sure it was a boy because I've been sicker this time around. But I just knew there was another little girl wanting to come to our little family right now, even if I didn't have medical proof of the fact. Yesterday we had our hospital ultrasound and everyone concurs that this is in fact a sweet little girl with nothing between her legs. Thank you gut for not making me look like a complete idiot! She looks perfect in every way and is moving so much these days. It's hard to imagine her getting much bigger, though I know it must be.

Without further ado, I present Baby Girl Carter's first photos:It's a girl!
Shy...with her hand covering her face.
Her face. The doctor had to remind us that it's taken on a flat 2-D plane, but at least she has two eyes, a nose and mouth that are all formed well and in the right places!

Now for the fun of picking out a name...suggestions are welcome for first names that go with the middle name Elissa.

8 comments:

Erin Winters said...

Congratulations, Amanda! I KNEW Aubree was a girl, and I was pretty sure Bryce was a boy. However, I also KNEW that Thane was a girl and clearly, was wrong on that one!

Taralee said...

WHAT!!! WOW! I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congratulations.

It's funny that you have the middle name picked out first. For me girls names were easier to pick and I'm worried I'll only ever have boys. Not that I'll be having any of anything for awhile though...

Good luck with the name hunt!

Kara Lyn said...

Woo Hoo!! This is very exciting for your family. And we are looking forward to Monday. Just so you know, Kara tends to go with just about anything and it is a pretty sweet name.

Shelley said...

Oh my gosh yay another girl!! Congratulations! You make cute girls! That's so nice that your having the middle name be your moms name! That's your moms name, right? I always thought the girl name Riley was cute. Riley Elissa. Awww!

Anonymous said...

Well breaking with family tradition is sometimes an awesome thing! Congratulations! Hmmm... can't do Riley since we already have one. How about Hope? Or are there any cool family names you can pull from? I am so excited for another girl because we can make cool hair bows and dresses for her. :)

Amanda said...

Thanks for your excitement everyone! We have the middle name picked out first because we're going with family names for middles...(Grace) Annette is Rob's mom's name and ______ Elissa is my mom's name. The tough thing is that is starts with an "e" so names that end in a vowel often don't sound/feel good on the tongue, but most girl names end in a vowel sound. Anyway, thanks for the help everyone and keep it coming!

Fab Five said...

Congratulations! Those girls are going to be the best of friends!!! Sorry, no good names to suggest!

Amy said...

Congratulations! I think Katelynn Elissa sounds cute! Good luck!