Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Goodbye, Dear Friend

Today I lay to rest a good friend, Pen (2008-2009). She was born in a Papermate factory in 2008 and despite early penhood struggles came to be the best pen that she could be. She has been through many a scribble with me in good times and bad. Pen has helped me organize every week with a To Do list and now I mourn her loss. She was a good pen. She wrote dark and thick and glided across the page as you wrote. With her, I wrote my favorite handwriting. She was always there for me when I needed a reliable writing instrument. She never pooped out and had to be shaken and doodled to continue making marks that one could actually see. And today, while writing out the grocery list she gave her last little spurts of ink. I will miss you, dear Pen.

*I'm weird and that's okay. But I really am mourning the loss of my favorite pen. Just ask Rob, she was the best ever. I would sing her praises whenever I wrote with her and someone was around to listen to me ramble and even sometimes not.

3 comments:

lis bunker said...

Hi Manders,
I'm a bit of a pen freak, too. The instrument really makes a big difference in how you write. I guess your Fav wasn't refillable. So sad for your loss. Hope you can find a lovable new friend. Mom

Charisse Baldwin said...

Wow, Richard could totally commiserate with you! When his favorite pen ran out of ink, he bought extra refills. Unfortunately, he actually broke it last night. Goodbye pen!

Annie said...

I love that your pen was a girl. For some reason that just made me laugh. See you tomorrow.