Thursday, April 30, 2009

Do You Believe in Magic?

At my bridal shower Rob's Aunt Leslie gave me an awesome gift basket of cleaning supplies. As I was opening it she explained everything in it and when I came to the Magic Sizing she told me "Robby likes sizing, not starch." I smiled pleasantly whilst inwardly I was seriously doubting my ability to properly care for a home, let alone a husband because I had no idea what this "sizing" was (I had heard of starch but had no clue how to use it). Flash forward two and a half years, the sizing bottle is getting rusty from neglect since that shower. So now that I am pretty much a pro at this mothering thing (ha!) my new hobby is caring for my much-neglected-since-Grace's-arrival husband. So as not to send my husband to the office looking slovenly I have started ironing his shirts and my new best friend is Magic Sizing. Oh how I love that stuff. It makes ironing de-lightful.

So, thank you Aunt Leslie for introducing me to this can of ironing happiness. Want to know my silly little indulgence? Ironing my sheets. I'm pretty sure that there is nothing better than getting into a bed of freshly ironed sheets. And those wrinkle-free pillow cases. Ahhhh...heaven.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we are SO related. I do the same thing whenever I can.

Madeline said...

I have never ironed sheets, I hope we can be friends anyway :D