Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fun Projects

A while back I mentioned that we were working on a bunch of projects for our little home. Well, here they are.We started in our bedroom and added some fun new things to make it more, well anything, since it was very boring before.

Next I made a changing table cover for Grace's changing table. Rob helped me engineer the flaps that keep the disposable pad in place.

I also made Grace a play quilt. Mostly I just wanted to figure out quilting (again) and try to machine quilt. It was really fun, and I think it turned out quite well.

And we re-arranged Grace's room and added a couple of things. I still have to make some tie-backs for the canopy so she can't get them, but it's looking a bit cuter than it did before.

Then I designed and Rob made me an earring holder so I can keep all of my earrings organized.
It's on hinges like a door so I can open it to get the backs off of them.
And finally, the crowning glory of our apartment (thank you Dave, Annette and the White Elephant):
The freaky squirrel that lives in the space between our double paned windows. He always scares me when I open up the curtains because I forget he's there. I think it's a sweet touch don't you? :)

10 comments:

Cristin said...

Wow, Amanda! I am so impressed. You are very crafty. Some of these pictures look like they should be in a magazine!

Nikki said...

Wow Amanda, looks great!!! I love Gracie's room, adorable!

Taralee said...

i like the frame for your earrings! How did you make it?

Mary said...

Everything looks really good! And the squirrel totally made me laugh. Sounds like a white elephant gift we would give at a family party. :)

Madeline said...

That earring holder is genius. Do tell how you did that!

The Popes said...

So now you are coming to my house to do some fun projects right?!?!?! J/K Way to go! Everything looks so good. I cannot wait to have family dinner at your house so I can see all the projects in real life.

tara said...

When are you going to come out with a magazine, Ms. Stewart?

Tyler and Sara said...

Hey I found your blog through Susan. I will send you an invite to our blog, if you'd like. Your are so good to decorate your apartment. I gave up.

amber {and co.} said...

Cute projects!! I love the squirrel, he looks a little bit possessed, it would freak me out too! Is the mirror in the first picture from Ikea? I really like it!

Hayley Baum said...

I LOVE the nursery!~!! I made some cute little nursery crafts a while ago, that I will have to talk you through when I see you. You can see some pics on my blog, here:

http://hayleymckell.blogspot.com/2009/02/my-latest.html

(Pictures really don't do them justice... plus, you can learn from my mistakes!!)