Monday, February 9, 2009

Senior Discount

A while ago I was perusing the coupon inserts in my Sunday paper as I am wont to do when I came across this gem:


I thought about sending it to my parents or better yet, getting them a pair of them for their next anniversary (so they wouldn't have to fight over who got to wear the hat). Apparently I am very thoughtful in finding romantic and practical gifts. But then I decided not to (sorry Mom and Dad!). But it was just too good not to share with y'all. Do you think that if you were not senior discount age (but close enough to) and you wore this cap that the cashier would also make you show ID? If I were a cashier I'm not sure what I'd do. Probably a) pretend I didn't see the hat and ask for ID or b) if someone was willing to look that silly I should give him the discount no matter his age. That's a toughie! What would you do?

And don't forget to wear your senior pride!

6 comments:

Ivan said...

Thanks, Amanda.
DAD

Breeanne said...

Funny. :) I added you to my blog roll today. Hope that's ok with you!

Cristin said...

That's great. I am buying two of those hats for my parents. My mom always calls to remind me that Ross gives a discount to people 55 and older on Tuesdays.

Tricia and Jon said...

I totally think that Wayne needs one, don't you? He would wear it!

Your Momma Somma said...

Do they make other hats too; like "Hey, look at me, I'm old" or "Don't let the botox fool you" or ""Give me my discount, I can only afford this hat"?

Unknown said...

Hey Amanda! I love it, um I mean, I Hate it! but I love the idea, I'm totally using it. and btw your little girl is sooo cute. hope you can make it to our girls nights!