Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Disaster

Since we were going to be in California for Valentine's Day, I decided to make a nice dinner for Rob on Wednesday evening. I started early so as to be ready and relaxed when he got home. I made lemon chicken and fried rice. All was going swimmingly until it was time to serve up. Then I found that the rice was burned and the chicken was raw. Oops. Big oops. We did our best to scrape the unburned rice. And we re-fried the chicken. Then I opened the bottle of sparkling pomegranate apple and KAPOW! it blew up. For no reason. Just what we needed. Apparently the best thing I do is deserts since the red velvet cupcakes were the only thing that was delicious without needing a touch-up. Despite my horrific cooking adventure we enjoyed the time we got to spend together, until we sat down and Grace woke up. De-lightful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's at that point you cut up the chicken add some veggies and turn it into chicken fried rice! I did red velvet cupcakes as well, though yours are cuter.

Natasha said...

The final product looks great! You always cook up such yummy dishes.