Thursday, January 15, 2009

The New Year's Resolution Song

Since it's about that time where New Year's Resolutions are running faster away from us than we are to burn those calories, I thought I'd give a little laugh as a reminder of our conviction of just a few short weeks ago. I've had the song "You're the One That I Want" from Grease in my head for the past week and started thinking that I'd better shape up :)

I've got chubs, they're multiplying
And I'm losing control, for the sweet treats you've been supplying
It's so fat-i-fying!

I'd better shape up - doo, doo, doo
'Cause I need a tan - I need a ta-a-an
And these white thighs just won't do-o-o
I'd better shape up
But I don't wanna run - don't wanna run
But to my goals I must be true - that's a lot, that's a lot for me to do!

That's the weight that I want - that is the weight I want - o, o, oo, honey!
That's the weight that I'm not - that is the weight I'm not - o, o, oo, honey!
That's the weight that I want - that is the weight I want - o, o, oo, honey!
Just what I need, oh yes indeed....

Good luck with keeping up on your goals! We're doing alright with the jogging, just still looking for a jogging stroller, so if you know of one, let us know!

7 comments:

Annie said...

I gave Aaron & Miranda one, but they are not using it (what we used for Jack). Call Leslie, and I'm sure you can use it- its at her house.

Melanie said...

I love the song! I think someone told me that Aunt Shell had a jogging stroller she wanted to get rid of too - you could try giving her a call.

There are tons of jogging strollers on Craigslist out here. That's probably where we will get one!

Keep up the good work with your resolutions!

amber {and co.} said...

lol, very creative, I'm impressed! Wish I was close so we could go jogging together! Someone mentioned craigslist but KSL classified is a good one to keep tabs on too, seen some on there... we'll keep our eyes out for you too!

Erin Winters said...

Amanda - sometimes when I'm doing mundane things around the house, I write blogs in my head (most don't make it to the blogosphere), but it appears you re-write song lyrics. I love them and am duly impressed.

Your Momma Somma said...

o,o,oo,honey! Love it, love it love it! This little ditty will be running in my head for a while. (running, hahahaha)

Natasha said...

I certainly enjoyed that song! So very creative and humorous. Keep up the good work. You're an inspiration!

Susan said...

I am looking for one also! I have seen a whole bunch on KSL.com but I also saw one yesterday for $189.00 at Kid to Kid on 21st south. I am not sure exactly what you are looking for. But I hope you find it soon!