Monday, April 15, 2013

The LOOOOOOONG Drive Home from Utah

The one and only picture from the trip home. We stopped on the way to get Ruby some earphones that actually fit her and weren't causing a fit every 2 seconds. I love the Minnie bow on them!

Despite the fact that there is only one picture from this post, I have to document the trip home to remember why I never, ever want to make this drive again! The girls had been sick on and off for the last week puking and filling their pants with nastiness. When we left, we were hopeful that that was all over with and everyone was on the up and up. That hope was quickly dashed when by the first stop we had a puke and 2 diarrhea blow-outs to clean up. Oh gag. We had gotten a couple of outfits out and ready in case they were needed, but by the time we got home we had gone through every item of clothing we could find for Ben and Ruby. We had 3 or 4 loads of laundry to do when we got home from the trip alone. It was amazing. We stopped in Albuquerque after an exhausting first day and at 3 am I was awoken by horrible sick pains writhing on the hotel bathroom floor. Thankfully I was able to get a little sleep and felt slightly better when we left that morning. All day long more puke and diarrhea and everyone was generally feeling abysmal. Rob is the hero of this story because he took care of us all and drove the entire way home. I'm pretty sure I counted down every single minute of the last few hours. We finally made it home around 11 and were never so happy to be home!

Note from 4 months later: The other day I was buckling Ruby into her car seat and she made a burping sound in her throat and I had a bad flashback and got all tense ready to catch some puke and holler for help. I think I have sick trip PTSD!

No comments: