Monday, April 1, 2013

Lots of Random

 These are photos I just got off Rob's phone that contain a bunch of randomness from the past few months.

My pinky finger went a little wonky towards the end of my pregnancy with Benji. It started off being tingly in the morning when I would wake up and progressed to being tingly and stiff to not being able to move it at all. My doc thought it was trigger finger, but not like any she's seen (she's a hand ortho surgeon). So the only way to fix it was to get surgery to loosen up the tendon sheath to allow the tendon to slide freely so my finger could move. Turned out once they got in there that it wasn't trigger finger causing the tendon to not be about to move, but a little tumor on the tendon that got it caught in the tendon sheath. Crazy. It was my very first surgery and I was a little nervous.



We found a place in Plano with "hiking" trails and took a family adventure for MLK, Jr. Day






All I have to say is: Ruby.




For a date night Rob and I decided to visit the Dallas Galleria, which is a gigantic mall to see what it's all about (and it's free, which is probably mostly why...). Rob thought it was hilarious how excited I was to check out the American Girl store.


 And Ruby loves her some ice cream. She's a Carter :)

You can't really tell here, but the right side of my face is swollen and bruised from the doctor injecting the numbing stuff into a blood vessel when I got a root canal. My right cheek got huge and we had to wait to even start on the root canal for the swelling to go down a little. I must be getting old with my body falling apart and needing all these surgeries! :) It was bruised for 2 weeks!

This past week for school we rowed (for Five in a Row, the program we use) the book The Tale of Peter Rabbit. We talked a little about gardening, so we had to plant some flower seeds. Here the girls are watching their flowers grow, nevermind that this is 2 minutes after finishing planting! :)

For their date this weekend, Grace wanted to go ice skating. I tried to giver her a pep talk before she left that sometimes things are hard when you first try them and you just have to practice to get better. Her response was that she was going to be the best ice-skater-girl ever!



 


No comments: