Monday, October 8, 2012

LA Zoo

 While we were in California, we were able to spend a day and meet Rob's sister, Melanie and her family for some LA fun. We started it off at the zoo and had so much fun seeing all the animals. Especially the gorilla that was just chillin right by the glass. How cool to get such a close up?!



After we spent a few hours at the zoo, we headed over to Griffith Park for some fun (and less crowds). When I was little, my grandma, Ahma, used to take Brian and I there to ride the ponies and the train. It is one of my very favorite memories.
 
 



The horse rides are awesome. They put you on the horse then smack the horse's backside and send you on your merry way around the oval track all by yourself. The big kids liked the horses, but the little ones cried the first time around the track and so we got them off. It was so fun for me to see Grace doing something that I have such fond memories of myself.

 Next we headed over to the train rides. The pictures below are what I got when I asked Grace and Henry to show me how excited they were about riding the train. As you can see, Grace was pretty excited and a bit (ha!) more outwardly enthusiastic about the whole adventure.







 Saying good-bye (again, since Utah) was hard. We sure do love spending time with our cousins!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

We feel so lucky to have spent that day with you. You got some really great photos! I will never forget the shock of seeing my babies ride away on horses by themselves. It was awesome! Love you guys!

Shakirra said...

That sounds so fun! I wish we could have caught up while you were here. I didn't know you were here so long!!! I thought you were just here for the reception. Next time you come down let me know. I'd love to see you and your cuties. I guess it will be a while though since you're about to have baby #3! Amazing. How did we get so OLD?!
Anyway, can't wait to hear and see more!

Unknown said...

I love Grace's excited face. Cracked me up!