Monday, April 4, 2011

New Addition

Over the weekend my little green car morphed (with the help of some money) into a BIG green car! Little green Honda Accord turned into big green(-ish, gray-ish, blue-ish...we're not sure what color it is) Honda Odyssey minivan!

Friday night we bought a minivan. I guess this really makes me a mom. You know, because moms drive minivans. :) It was a tough decision at first. I didn't so much want to drive a minivan, but really, they were made for moms with so many awesome features that I ended up loving it.

Sweet mom-ness.

I mean, how could I not love automatic doors that will open with the click of a button so G can get herself in her car seat while I get Ruby in. Or the doors that slide, so my kids can't open them into expensive cars parked next to us. Or the amount of space...this van can seat 8 people! Or the flexibility of seating and cargo room. Or the awesome gas mileage it can get (28mpg). Or the fact that it has 17 cup holders (which I think might actually be a bad idea, I mean think of all the times you're going to have to stop on a road trip if everyone is using all those cup holders!). Or just the fact that now we can all go somewhere with all the luggage and stuff we might need and a stroller. Whew, I love it.

Plus, take a gander at all of this trunk space! With two strollers (one a double!), an emergency car kit, a storage crate and plenty of room to spare!
Wow, I am in love.

You know what else I love?

This little monkey who also loves our new car:

We just have to watch her because she likes to click the push button ceiling lights. One day the battery's going to be dead when I try to start it because the lights have been on.

We're all loving our new car. Even Rob. (Though he sometimes pretends to not really like it. He really does.) (Sorry honey if I outed your little secret.)

8 comments:

Fab Five said...

Yay! We got a Honda Odyssey a while back too and I love it! You're totally right, you can't beat a minivan even though I hate to admit it! They make life so much easier!

Bethany said...

I secretly want one...but don't tell my husband ;) Hehe

Paula Graff said...

Welcome to the world of minivan moms! I love my minivan and the push button doors as well. And you can tell Rob he is not the only guy who likes a minivan in secret, Sean does too.

Russ and Ashley said...

That is a darling picture of Grace. I am jealous of all the room!

Andrea Tao said...

Welcome to the club. It's funny how you get over your anti-minivan pridefullness once you see how awesome they realy are! Now you just feel bad for the moms who were too pridefull and chose the SUV and are paying waaaaay more for gas than you are. Jokes on them!!!

Natasha said...

You definitely look good in front of the minivan. Good work! You've sold me on the Honda Odyssey...the next car we get...mark my words.

Annette said...

I love these pictures -the one of you and the girls is so cute! Love the van too. :)

jennifermiller326 said...

I love it! I have also come to the conclusion that a minivan is simply the best option for a mother of little ones. Once my car goes out, I'll be joining you in the sweet mom-ness of a minivan! And we have the same double stroller, even green....don't you LOVE it?