Friday, April 8, 2011

Bertha

Meet Bertha:

Ahhhhhhh....{insert singing choirs of angels here}

Isn't she a beaut? She was my Christmas present from my sweet hubs. Looks like we might need more kids so I can get lots of use out of her :)

This morning Grace and I made spaghetti sauce. It's kind of an ordeal to make with all the veggie chopping and work that goes into it, so I like to make a lot of it, then freeze it in family-size zippys for future use. Hence the need for a pot big enough to bathe Ruby in.

Grace was a great helper. She (mostly) peeled all the carrots for me and counted out the garlic cloves, celery and carrots we would need.

I asked her to smile and this is what I got.

Here we are with the finished pot of spaghetti deliciousness. Can't wait for dinner tonight!


2 comments:

Natasha said...

I think I need that recipe. I'm impressed that Grace is handling the peeler. You're brave. I think I'm too accident prone to think about handing James something with a blade sharper than a butter knife.

Erin said...

Amanda - my dear Aunt, you're amazing. I think the only think I don't like about you is how far away you live.