Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wall Trick


Thanks to a great idea from my awesomely talented friend Madeline, we starched a sheet onto Grace's wall to add a splash of color and fun into the room. Way easier and more interesting (and cheaper!) than paint and it will just peel off the wall when we're ready to move and we can wash and re-use the fabric for another project. I think it looks just lovely.

Before

We got the awesome mirror from Grandma who was going to give this gem to the DI, so we rescued it and with a coat of paint, voila! We also put some fun fabrics into frames to put around the mirror.

After

Now I only have to figure out some curtains and we'll be done...probably.

11 comments:

Madeline said...

I love how the fabric in the frames turned out. And the fabric on the wall will always be our crowning achievement. Thanks for posting the pics!

Taralee said...

Holy crap! This is AMAZING. You are going to have to show me how to do this because we are moving apartments in Provo this fall and will no longer have painted walls!

great job! cute fabric!

Kristyn said...

Love it! You're so darn crafty!

Whitney Jane said...

I am so impressed! It looks wonderful.

Nikki said...

WOW! That looks amazing! Good work Amanda!

Kara Lyn said...

Okay, that's it. We need to hang out more often and you need to tell me how you did this. I want to do crazy stuff with the townhouse but I am worried that it will hoover or Joe will be mad. This idea is fabulous. And I looked at your friend's blog and it is a lot of fun.

Annie said...

Please post how you did this, it looks great!

jennifermiller326 said...

It's so darling--kudos to you and Madeline!

Melanie said...

Beautiful! I heard about how to do this in one of my first interior design classes but I have never tried it. Gracie's room is looking good!

Katherine said...

WOW. That's all I can think to say.

Leanne said...

Um, excuse me... this looks amazing! I must learn this sheet starching trick. How did you find a sheet that big? Props on such a beautiful nursery!