Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Girls Trip to California

My sister Marti and her girls all had plans to get together in California for a girls weekend to spend time together and to see my parents before they moved away. I had told Rob about how jealous I was that all of my favorite ladies would be together and I wouldn't be there with them. Sweet Rob took matters into his own hands and contacted Erin to see if it would be okay if I joined in on the fun, then he found flights that would work and rearranged his schedule. When he told me, all I had to do was say okay and it was all planned and he would press the button to book it. I was nervous to be gone for a weekend, but was SO GLAD I did it and that he was amazing and worked AND covered the home front for me so Emmi and I could get to spend time with the most amazing ladies I know!

It was so quiet in the airport with just my littlest - such a surreal experience to just be in charge of one easy baby instead of a whole thundering, screeching hoarde!

 
These baby girls are destined to be besties!

Avery was the only big kid who got to come and she had a ball having lots of attention on her and loving on the babies. 


 
Saturday morning we went garage saleing around Simi. Emily found Emmi this scepter that lit up and it was love for Emmi. She would not put that thing down! Awesome Aunt Emily plunked down the 50 cents so Emmi could take it home with her

We spent so much time talking and playing games and catching up with each other. It was just the best!
  
   

    
We played a rousing game of Catch Phrase and somehow it ended up that when the thing beeped on you, you had to put your hand in an "L" on your forehead and everyone would chant loooooo-serrrrrrr at you. I can't remember laughing so hard recently!
 

   

It was so hard to say good bye, so instead we decided that this would become a "thing". When each of us turns 40, we get to pick a destination and we'll all get together for a girls trip for more fun together and maybe someday we will all be childless...maybe :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

It's so fun to hear about from your perspective! That was such a lovely weekend!