Monday, September 22, 2014

Utah

All too soon, it was time to leave California and head to Utah. The plan was for Rob to be in Utah for about a week and then drive to Texas to start work again while we stayed in Utah and waited until our house was ready for us to move in.

 We happened to stop at Costco on our way and found Anna and Elsa dresses in the right sizes for the girls. I snatched them up thinking they'd be good back ups in case I didn't get dresses made. Turns out it's a really good thing because my sewing machine came back from storage not working, so who knows if I'll even have it back in time for Halloween?

 My Dad designed and Auntie Mur decorated a box for Bella's travel cup to fit into so she wouldn't cook in the car when we went in for food. That poor fish probably has a much shorter life span than she once did - I'm sure it's so stressful for that poor fish!



 We celebrated Grace's birthday a second time our first day in.




 Rob gave Grandma and his mom and Aunt Michelle iPhone lessons

We had a really fun time bowling with the Carter family








 Saying goodbye to Dad. We sure did miss him the 2 weeks he was gone!

We took a couple trips to DI to find treasures and found quite a few. Here's Ruby with her pony playing at DQ afterwards.

 We went swimming a couple times. Grace is a fish - that girl absolutely loves the water!


 She was so brave and begged and begged me to jump off the high dive. I finally allowed her to and she loved it. She is so brave!
 
 


 One night we had dinner at a corn dog food truck and dessert at an amazing Hawaiian shave ice place


We got to meet up with my Graff nieces and nephews and enjoyed a fun day at the zoo. I love all those guys, and it was so much fun to be with them and let the kids play. They made me really, really miss living in Utah!

 


 The van hit 100,000 miles. I was so stressed out that I would miss this picture for Dave and Rob.

 We got to meet Luke, our new nephew/cousin who was born while we were away. He is so sweet and of course, Grace loved holding him!


 Poor Grandpa wasn't feeling too well and had to be admitted to the hospital for a few days, but it was fun to visit with him and nice of the nurses to let us up even though kids technically aren't supposed to be on the cancer floors.



We had a fun time in Utah!!

No comments: