Saturday, March 8, 2014

Ben the Tool Man

The other day we had a cabinet that's handle was coming off and needed to be screwed back in, so I grabbed the screwdriver and knelt down to fix it. I had barely gotten on my knees when Benji came running over and kneeled next to me to see what I was doing. He watched me very closely, fascinated. When I was through, I went to put the screwdriver away and Ben screamed at me - telling me not to put it away, but to hand it to him, so I did. He then spent the afternoon with the screwdriver "fixing" everything in the whole house - the chairs, the refrigerator, the other cabinet pulls, the oven, dishwasher, toys, his cot, everything. It was so cute and he was so intent on his work!
Here's a blurry picture of him in action that day. On days after that he would see the screwdriver and "ask" for it and hold it for hours, so I bought him a little tool set. As you can imagine, he loves it. It's the first toy he wants to play with, which he does until his sisters think it looks like fun and come over to build.
Here he is, hard at work!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

He melts my heart! What a sweetie. We are missing you all so much!

Annette said...

So cute! I love that he knelt next to you to see. He's a sweet boy!