Saturday, November 26, 2011

so much to be thankful for

I love thinking about all of my blessings this time of year. I am grateful for my wonderful, amazing husband. I am grateful for my sweet, loving and helpful little Gracie. I am grateful for my sweet and stubborn little Ruby. I am also so grateful to have wonderful parents, in-laws, brothers and sisters (in-laws and "regular"), nieces, nephews, cousins, everyone. I love family and am so grateful to have so much family that I adore spending time with. I am grateful for my own health and my family's health. Despite being a bit heavier than I'd like to be, I am grateful that I can run and play and roll on the floor with my kids and can cook and clean my home and do pretty much anything that I want to without pain or discomfort. I am grateful that Rob has been offered a great job that he has accepted with HP. While I may have been a bit happier to be moving to the West, I am excited to be headed to Plano, TX and for the adventure that awaits us there.

Most of all, I am grateful for my belief in God and Jesus Christ and the sacrifice that was made for me that I can return to live with God again. I am grateful for a living prophet and scriptures to give guidance to my life. I am also grateful for temples where I can be sealed to my family for time and all eternity.

I have been blessed so bountifully and am thankful for a special time to reflect upon my blessings and to thank God for them. I hope that I will remember more of this stuff that matters coming into the Christmas season, and not get so wrapped up in the fluff.

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Taralee said...

You're moving to Texas? WHAT? when did this happen. we're SOOOO excited for you guys! I had a roommate in college that was from Plano. She was pretty great, so i'm pretty sure that means all of Plano will be great. And it's not too far away from houston, where we may live again someday. :)

Amanda said...

We just signed this week, so this is the first announcement of it :) I would LOVE if you guys moved back to Houston! We played Dutch Blitz last night and thought about you guys and good times :)

Erin said...

Texas?!? I'm both excited for you and sad that you won't come out here (I was holding on to a sliver of hope). We love more excuses to go visit Texas, though...
Congratulations

Kristyn said...

Congratulations!!! That is so very exciting!