Friday, October 14, 2011

Atlanta

Last year during Fall Break Rob was deep in the throes of the Human Capital Case Competition that made his "week off" even busier than he was normally. This year, he really did have a break so we took advantage of it!

We started it off by heading down to Atlanta for a MBA job fair. Grace stayed with our awesome friends the Munks, so Rob, Ruby and I had a (fairly) quiet trip. As soon as we got to Atlanta we headed to Ikea {cue choirs of angels singing}. Oh man have I missed that store. We ate delicious Swedish meatballs and meandered the aisles for a good three hours before we were exhausted. We found some good stuff, but didn't bust the budget (woohoo! Rob was a little concerned).

We stayed downtown at the Hyatt Regency, which was beautiful. It has a 23-story atrium running up the middle of it and glass elevators so you can see everything as you plummet toward ground level. Ruby was not such a fan. Every time we rode the elevator, she would cling to me for dear life. I felt kinda bad for her but secretly liked the snuggles :)

For most of the trip Ruby and I were on our own while Rob meeted and greeted about a million employers. Rob did a great job and had 4 interviews that weekend and more good contacts come out of it too. Hooray!

I don't have any pictures to show except for these of Ruby in the hotel as I played with my camera:


All in all it was a fun and sucessful trip. I'd love to go back to Atlanta and see more sights when Rob isn't so tied up with meetings!

No comments: