Thursday, February 24, 2011

Potty Time

Grace and Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) and Belle (who she got for being awesome at going potty)

You don't realize how big your child is getting until you're changing her diaper and an infant diaper. Yeah, big, nasty difference. So for the past few months we've been trying to get Grace potty trained and she has wanted nothing to do with the potty. We got her princess pull ups and panties, but she was showing no interest in being independent like that. After a long few months of us desperately wanting Grace use the potty and her adamantly resisting we're finally doing the potty thing! Hooray! It is wonderful to not have to change big girl diapers any more. It took me finally giving up on potty training until she was ready and ordering a gigantic box of new diapers for her to decide (the very next day, I might add) that she wanted to use the potty and she hasn't looked back. She's been in panties for about two weeks now and has had very few accidents. It's been quite easy since she's been on board. I think this is yet one more lesson in parenting - it's not about the timing I want :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

We're in the middle of the exact same process with Bryce and I TOTALLY understand what you mean about big kid diapers vs. baby diapers - YUCK. I think we've finally turned the corner and soon I'll have one less kid in diapers too. Hurrah! And Hurray for Miss Grace!!! (but really - Hurray for You!!)

Russ and Ashley said...

Im looking forward to that day! Alyssa has some interest but I am just following her lead for now.
Cute girls!