Friday, February 5, 2010

Little Mommy

Grace is working on her mommying skills. Recently, she has been pulling out the portable diaper changing stuff I carry with us for emergencies and trying to change her babies' diapers.

Step 1 - Lay baby down and get diaper out.

Step 2 - Figure out how the diaper works.

Step 3 - Get baby to hold still while you're trying to diaper her.

Step 4 - Get your mama to help you put the diaper on. Look very proud of your work.

It just melts my heart to see Grace taking good care of her babies. It helps me to remember that if she wants to care for her babies, that's what she has seen and experienced. I must not be a complete failure as a mother!
(just kidding, I don't really think that I am, but times like this remind me that something is right)

5 comments:

Shelley said...

Looks like it's time for #2! ;-)

Amanda said...

Haha Shelley, and from Grace's point of view you're 100% right. She would love a little baby to smother, I mean, love. Grace needs to have a talk with Heavenly Father to let him know she thinks it's time! :)

Ivan said...

That's what I call showing her the right way. What a great mother!

Russ and Ashley said...

She is so adorable!!! She will be a great big sister too!

Annette said...

Gracie is so cute hiding her stuff! I love the diapering too. She is so sweet. She will be a great big sister some day. :)