Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Babies Are Gross: Example #10,239

This morning as we were headed down to Springville to drop Grace off to play with Kira and Kylee Grace decided she'd had enough of being in the car so she decided to protest and stuck her fingers down her throat and gagged herself. Gross. Then again. Gross. Then again, this time with a little bit of stomach contents coming up with the gag. Grosser still. She kept on gagging herself and making this horrible sound. Then two minutes before we got there she gagged herself for the billionth time. This time with an awful retching sound breakfast chunks came pouring forth. Yeah. I was happy to be a mom. And seriously, Grace, why?! Gross, gross, gross, gross, gross! The kids playing soccer before school across the street probably thought it was odd when I would stick my head in the car (to clean up a little of the mess) and then come up for air and gag a little myself. It was a great start to the day. Just another reminder that babies are gross. Let's hope this doesn't become a habit.

***I would like to thank Kira who was the hero of the day and cleaned my baby and car seat for me while I was at work so my car didn't smell sour at the end of the day. Seriously, she is my hero today! Thank you, Kira!!!!***

In nicer news, spending the day with a walking baby has apparently motivated Grace since now she's walking. Finally, maybe her cast won't be so nasty dirty (haha, yeah right).

8 comments:

Cristin said...

You're working? You need to explain that. I'm curious what you're doing. And yes, babies are gross.

Taralee said...

working? where? if you're near provo again come for a visit!!

Also, hopefully it's a phase. Lincoln used to gag himself like crazy a few months ago and thought it was so funny when we would try to discourage it. It only lasted a month or two.

Amanda said...

I've been working at my old job at Provo College for a few weeks. The last girl just had a baby so I came in temporarily to help them out and find someone new. Today was my last day though...Hallelujah! That drive and finding sitters was stressing me out!

The Popes said...

YEAH for walking Grace!!! Come visit us any time!! We loved having you. Just be nice to your mommy and don't throw up on your way here again. :-)

Erin said...

Kira is awesome! Yeah for walking Grace!
Bryce has been sticking his fingers down his throat lately too. Thankfully, it hasn't resulted in any actual retching (yet). Bryce also tried to dive head first off the couch today. Clearly there are still a lot of brain connections to be made.

Melanie said...

Yay for walking Gracie! What a big girl!

I'm sorry about the pukage. That is horrible! Hopefully she doesn't do that again!

Madeline said...

YAY for walking! You didn't mention that part. Though, I can see why it escaped your attention.

Sorry you had such a gross day.

Tyler and Sara said...

Good job on the walking Grace! So the gagging story made me gag a little. Grant stucks on his fingers at night to get back to sleep and he gags himself a little. It's pretty funny.