Saturday, November 29, 2008

Good Milk Comes from Happy Cows

...and happy cows come from California. I've been thinking as I've been nursing Gracie this weekend that good milk comes from happy moms, and happy moms come from California! :) (I'm sure all you non-Cali moms produce good milk too....) Anyway, that's how it feels. It's been amazing to me how easy it is to forget. I love being here. It is so refreshing to wake up to blue skies and a palm tree right outside my window. It's so nice to have some moisture in the air. It's especially wonderful to dig my toes into the sand and let the waves wash over my feet, however cold the water is. I love California! It just feels so good to be here!

We have had a great week so far. On Wednesday, we went down to UCLA so Rob could interview with their MBA admissions people. (He did a great job, by the way). Then we stopped at Diddy Riese for some tasty ice cream sandwiches.There was horrific traffic headed back North, so we decided to take the coast route and got there just in time to experience a gorgeous sunset. I snapped some photos as we drove, they just don't do justice to the experience of being there, but here they are:I felt like the paparazzi driving through Malibu with my camera out the window snapping away. It was sort of fun! :)

We had a delightful Thanksgiving. It started with the boys putting the Christmas lights up on the house.
I am glad Rob didn't die...

Then we drove to Santa Barbara to Ellie and John's for dinner. My favorite part of the day was getting to walk on the beach with the family. This is one of my favorite traditions - going for a walk on the beach on Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is just amazing to enjoy Mother Nature's beauty on the holidays. This was also Grace's first trip to the beach. Have no fear, it was a well-documented milestone:
It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without the turkey and it was fantastic! My cousin Terrell barbecued it on a spit. It was smoky and delicious. The whole dinner was fantastic and it was fun to visit with family that we don't get to see very often since we live so far away!

Gracie must be getting good milk, because she sure has had a happy mommy this week!

4 comments:

Andrea Tao said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! I love seeing pictures of home. We're going for Christams in a few weeks and I can't wait for the Santa Barbara beaches!

tara said...

And California loves you, so you should move back.

Cristin said...

Yup, best breast milk comes from California... lol.

Annie said...

Sounds like your trip was great. I'm glad that you guys had fun! Seriously how can't you love the weather in California?