Tuesday, June 3, 2014

School's Out!

 No more pencils, no more books,
No more teachers' dirty looks!
from my favorite Anne of Green Gables
(and hopefully there weren't too many dirty looks this school year from me :))

Last Friday was the last day of school for the 2013-2014 school year for us! Hooray! We dragged ourselves across the finish line :) It has been such a fantastic year for us. I have loved every moment of teaching and learning and interacting with my two sweet girls. It's been so fun to see each of them grow in their own way and make connections and get excited about new subjects. We have certainly been anything but perfect, but it's been an exciting and fun journey for us all!

Here are a few pictures I captured of school in the past few weeks.
 We do lots and lots of art projects!

 Ruby was playing with the farm counters and made a little heart pen for them to stay in.

 On our hundredth day of school we had a 100 party and played games and did activities with 100 things like skittles and stickers.
 
 Grace created this witches hat and figured that if she taped it to a headband it would stay on her head. Her creativity always inspires me!

Here is Grace with her kindergarten journal. She wrote and drew in it every school day and I love that it's full of our adventures and things about London. Benji loves his sister and wanted to be in the picture but wouldn't look at the camera :)

We also did a lot of reading. Grace is a fantastic reader and can sound out almost any word. She loves to read to anyone who will listen or to herself. She's learned how fun it can be to read with a flashlight in bed if Ruby's fallen asleep and she hasn't. I'm so proud of her!

We're still working out what we'll be doing school-wise next year, but whether it be public school or homeschool, I am so excited to see Grace (and Ruby) learn to love learning.

2 comments:

Heather Dayton said...

Good for you! It looks like they had so much fun! She is so creative - and you are too! I'm thinking of homeschooling for 1st grade next year.

Erin said...

Soooo impressive! I'm still waiting for you to move next door to me so we can do all these fun things together. :)